- Fall Classes
- Birthday Parties
Recital Costume Tips
On June 1, 2017
It’s very important to take proper care of your recital costumes prior to the shows. It is important that all dancers maintain their costumes in a proper condition during dress rehearsal. Here are a few tips on how to keep your costume performance ready!
- Please carry your costume in a plastic bag to the school. DO NOT change into your costume until you have arrived at the school.
- Absolutely NO EATING in costume! Costumes can be easily stained and difficult to remove
- Please bring warm-ups” or “cover-ups” that can easily be work over your costume that will not mess up your hair upon removal (ex. oversized button up shirt, zip up hoodie or sweatshirt).
- Before leaving your house, make sure you have your entire costume, shoes, tights and all necessary accessories.
- If you have many dances in one show, it is helpful to have a laundry basket for costume “extras”. This basket can be used to store all of the different pieces of your costume and is helpful to store costumes backstage.
- Quick changes will be made with the stage crew’s assistance in the backstage area. Prior to the start of the show, your child must bring a laundry basket (with his or her name on it) containing the second costume they will be wearing and all of the needed shoes & accessories.
- Performers should not wear underwear with their costume. They may wear a nude color body suit which will help when having a quick change.
- If you have multiple headpieces, place each one in a separate zip-lock bag with the appropriate number of bobby pins to secure it to your hair.
- Due to highly polished floors & for dancers’ safety, all Tap/Irish students must wear socks with tread over their Tap/Irish shoes in all areas of the school during dress rehearsals & the shows.
Subscribe to Newsletter via Email