CVDA is proud to announce our 2020 Recital Opening Number theme; High School Musical! Students interested in being a part of the Opening Number cast will perform a variety of dances to the songs of this popular Broadway Show. If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Opening Number and meet the specific requirements listed below, please sign the list in the office. The number of dancers is limited but we have provided a “waiting list” for you to sign as well.
Opening Number Requirements
- You must be nine (9) years of age or older.
- You must have at least three (3) years of dance experience in one of the following styles of dance: Ballet, Jazz, Modern and take at least an Elementary Level class.
General Rehearsal Policies
- A dance cast member may only miss TWO (2) EXCUSED rehearsals. The definition of an EXCUSED rehearsal is if the absence is for an emergency family situation or for an illness. A social function will not be excused.
- Rehearsals will begin on March 7th and will run every Saturday until the show.
- Rehearsals will be held on SATURDAYS. Schedules will be posted on the web site at www.chestervalleydanceacademy.com. It is the student and/or parent’s responsibility to check the schedule every week. Rehearsal Times and days may change.
- There will be a one-time fee of $180.00 per performer to cover the cost of costumes including your Finale t-shirt and rehearsals.
- A dancer must be available to participate in all 4 shows.
- Class Attire: Pink Tights, Black Leotard, Hair in a Neat Bun
- The rules, regulations, and policies set forth by the Chester Valley Dance Academy, LLC must be followed during all rehearsals and shows.
- The director(s) of the Chester Valley Dance Academy, LLC and the choreographer(s) of the Opening Number have the right to remove any cast member if they do not comply with the rules and requirements listed above.