CVDA is proud to announce our 2019 Recital Opening Number theme; Newsies! Students interested in being a part of the Opening Number cast will perform a variety of dances to the songs of this popular Broadway Show. If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Opening Number and meet the specific requirements listed below, please sign the list in the office. The number of dancers is limited but we have provided a “waiting list” for you to sign as well.
Opening Number Requirements
- You must be eight (8) years of age or older.
- You must have at least three (3) years of dance experience in one of the following styles of dance: Ballet, Jazz, Modern and take at least an Elementary Level class.
General Rehearsal Policies
- A dance cast member may only miss TWO (2) EXCUSED rehearsals. Please see permission form for the definition of an “excused” rehearsal.
- Rehearsals will begin on March 2nd and will run every Saturday until the show.
- There will be a one-time fee of $180.00 per performer to cover the cost of rehearsals and scenery.
- A dancer must be available to participate in all 4 shows.
- Class Attire: Salmon or Tan Tights, Black Leotard, Hair in a Neat Bun