Congratulations to all of the dancers who auditioned for our production of the Nutcracker. It takes our choreographers no less than a few weeks to create the final cast list. Upon completion, the cast list will be posted to the website. Shortly after the cast list has been posted, the rehearsal schedule will be posted online. Please check the website regularly throughout the Nutcracker season for updates and changes to the rehearsal schedule.
Regarding Dancer Absences
As a reminder, performers may have two excused absences from September 14th to November 16th. If a third rehearsal is missed during this time she will be replaced by the understudy and in turn, become the understudy for the dance. Each part in the Nutcracker will have at least 1 understudy. (Understudies must come to every rehearsal as though they were in the dance). After Saturday, November 16th, dancers may not miss any rehearsals. If a dancer misses a rehearsal after November 16th until the show, they will be replaced with the understudy. If dancers leave early or arrive late to a rehearsal, they may be considered as absent and be replaced by the understudy. (This at the choreographer’s discretion).
- Rehearsals will be on Fridays and Saturdays from September 14th – November 16th.
- As of Saturday, November 16th rehearsals will be held on Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday as needed.
- There are Mandatory Rehearsals at CVDA on 11/23,11/24, 12/1, 12/7 & 12/8. (These are tentative dates and may change)
- Additional Rehearsals at CVDA on 12/17, 12/18 & 12/19 as needed – Times to be Announced
- Rehearsals at Phoenixville Middle School are 12/11, 12/12, 12/13 & 12/14
- Performances are at Phoenixville Middle School on 12/20 at 7:00 pm and 12/21 at 2:30 pm & 6:30 pm and snow make up day on 12/22