The Chester Valley Dance Academy Company performed at the CommUNITY Dance Fest, hosted by Beat Addikts, on Sunday, October 23rd at the Collegium Charter School in Exton, PA. After performing at the inaugural event in 2021, our dancers were eager to return to the stage and perform for this unique audience. At many other performances, conventions, and festivals, dancers typically do not get to watch any of the show as they are usually waiting backstage. This fantastic event housed all performing dancers in the audience, creating an upbeat and energetic atmosphere for performers like no other. Our dancers had a wonderful time cheering on each other as well as all of the local performing groups in attendance. This event also provides scholarships for students to be used towards tuition and other events at their home studio. Congratulations to the CVDA students who won a scholarship to our studio; Catilin Moore and Amelia Palumbo. In addition, Beat Addikts sponsors a scholarship for students who are interested in joining their hip hop program. Ava Cibelli was awarded this special scholarship.
We want to give a big thank you to Mr. Todd Munoz and the Beat Addikts team for arranging this energizing event. Our dancers return to the studio after this showcase excited for the dance year ahead.
- "This Mountain" choreographed by Annie McGillian, performed by Company Modern I
- "Opus" choreographed by Kim Martin, performed by Company Ballet
- "Watch Me Now" choreographed by Allyssa Millar, performed by Company Jazz I
- "Memoriam" choreographed by Kim Martin, performed by Company Ballet
- "Inner Flame" choreographed by Mike Nguyen, performed by Company Hip Hop
- "MEM" choreographed by Christine Swarm-Kusnierczyk, performed by Company Hip Hop
We want to thank all of our choreographers for setting such wonderful works on our students and preparing them for this festival.