Beat Addikts is a community initiative that brings together young dancers from the areas of, Northern Maryland, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. This hip hop forward company allows students from local studios to come together for additional performances. throughout the year. This year, Beat Addikts dancers who train at Chester Valley Dance Academy will be performing in The Nutcracker this year on December 17th and 18th at Phoenixville Area Middle School. These dancers are:
- Sophia Moran, Clara in the Sunday 5:30 performance
- Annabelle Kozuch, Clara in the Saturday 6:30 performance
- Mia Monsilovich, Clara in the Sunday 1:00 performance
- Makenna Kanavy, Mouse King in the Saturday 2:00 performance
- Chloe Carroll, Angel Princess in the Sunday 5:30 performance
- Ava Cibelli, Angel Princess in the Sunday 5:30 performance
- Alexi Tantaros, Dew Drop in the Saturday 2:00 performance
- Rebekah Borneman, Candy Cane Lead in the Saturday 2:00 and Sunday 1:00 performance
We are also pleased to share that Mr. Matthew Grassa will be dancing in the role of Coffee in the Saturday 2:00 and 6:30 performances. Matthew joined Beat Addikts United as a dancer and received a scholarship for his accomplishments throughout his very first season. He eventually became Captain of their Beat Performance Team performing with his Crew across the tri-state area. Matthew was also the Lead Host and Editor of their YouTube channel pre-pandemic. Beat Addikts United pushed Matthew as a dancer by working with multiple talented and respected choreographers in the business; thus instilling his passion for choreography as well as creative use of music and music editing. He’s embarked upon multiple facets of teaching and choreographing in the area. From choreographing for high school musicals, backup dancing for professional entertainment, as well as teaching at multiple studios in the Tri-state area. We are excited to have him as a part of our cast this year.
We thank Mr. Todd Munoz and Mr. Mike Nguyen for giving our CVDA Dancers additional performance opportunities throughout the year and connecting our studios with professionals in the industry like Mr. Matthew Grassa.